|Select the desired Level or Schedule Type to find available classes for the course.|
|CGU 121 - Advanced Media Relations|
This workshop help learners improve their use of communication tools and gain a better understanding of how to use the media to connect with various audience. Focusing specifically on media relations, learners will learn how to scan the media landscape, how to find the most enticing stories for journalists and how to build relationships with them.
Learners will dig into the detail of pitching including practical dos and don'ts and how to maximize their chances of getting coverage.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
• Navigate clearly through the landscape of media, journalists and news.
• Make strong news judgments to secure prominent coverage.
• Pitch stories effectively to journalists to get even borderline stories published.
• Engage media proactively using creative PR platforms and techniques.
• Identify media outlets that can help build the organization’s brand.
• Target, engage and build a strong working relationship with the right media professionals.
• Make effective use of various communication tools.;
1.000 Continuing Education Units
1.000 Lecture hours
Levels: Continuing Education
SCE Career Development Department
Must be enrolled in one of the following Programs:
Must be enrolled in one of the following Levels:
Must be enrolled in one of the following Colleges:
School of Continuing Education
Must be enrolled in one of the following Departments:
SCE Career Development
|Return to Previous||New Search|